Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Entry: va chier, putain! (phr.)

In context: "...Bertraund felt the gesture was a subtle affirmation of solidarity with partriotic Struggle everywhere and stood for Victoire, but Licien suspected a U.S.A. obscenity laughingly flashed at persons who would not comprehend its insult, just as one of Lucien's sadistic école-spéciale tutors back in Ste.-Anne-des-Monts had spent weeks in Second Form teaching Lucien to say 'Va chief, putain!', which he (the tutor) claimed meant 'Look Maman I can speak French and thus finally express my love and devotion to you..."

Definition: Well, this may be one I'll just to leave to the reader's devices.  Suffice it to say, the phrase does not mean exactly what the tutor claims.


Other:

SNOOT score: 1
 
Page: 481

Source: Oxford English Dictionary   

1 comment:



  1. The post has really talks my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new information.

    Microsoft Office 2016

    ReplyDelete