Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Entry: kliegs (n.)

In context: "Marrow said his late dad had used a somewhat less snazzy IV-model Husky back in his early days of making art-films, when he also used a homemade dolly and sandbags and halogen lights instead of kliegs."

Definition: In full, klieg light. Orig., a kind of arc lamp invented for use as a studio light; hence, any powerful electric light used in film-making, or in television.

Other: I was wondering what they looked like - basically they're my internal image of what a 'movie light' looks like.

SNOOT score: 1

Source: Oxford English Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment